HONEY AND CHINNIE'S CLEAN SCENE JOURNEY: HOW THEIR PARENTS HELPS CULTIVATE THEIR CLEANLINESS MINDSET

HONEY'S TESTAMENTS:

     Writing this blog feels just as challenging as the journey I took to develop a sense of responsibility and empathy for the environment. I am proud to share that my parents played a crucial role in teaching me these values, highlighting the essential role of knowledge in our lives. They consistently guided me on how to live responsibly, and I am truly grateful for their influence. My parents not only emphasized responsibility and empathy but also imparted a wealth of knowledge that shaped who I am today.

        That's why the lack of understanding among some individuals makes me uneasy, as it means they continue to engage in activities that harm our surroundings without even realizing it. Realizing the impact of litter not only on us but also on the environment and all living beings around us deeply concerns me. It's sad that some people still haven't embraced the concept of environmental responsibility. It's kind of like being in the dark about something important.

              Knowing about how litter affects the world is like turning on a light – it helps us see what's going on and makes us realize why we need to be careful. Sadly, not everyone has this light on, and it's a bit unfortunate because, without that awareness, they might keep doing things that hurt the Earth. Parents are the guiding lights we all need. I wish every parent could illuminate that path. If the past generations failed to do that, I hope that through a campaign like this, we can enlighten the understanding of the youth in this generation and also our future children. It's a challenge we must face—ensuring more people switch on the light of understanding and collectively care for our home. After all, our team firmly believes that the spark for meaningful change will forever ignite from the passion and action of the YOUth!


🌊 🌊 ♻️♻️🌊 🌊 ♻️♻️


CHINNIE'S TESTAMENTS:

    Looking back on one of my core memories from childhood, my parents used to work in one of the famous hospitals here in Cagayan De Oro for a long time. One of the things they instill in us is how important proper waste disposal is and how it really matters to practice such action. Growing up I was surrounded by different kinds of people, with different personalities, characteristics, and upbringings that resulted that had built up different kinds of perspectives on everything. Despite the things that my parents imparted to us, I somehow realized that I was not practicing it, or maybe the worst thing I was not able to instill in me.

    Now that my eyes and mind are open to all the consequences of my actions from the past, how the smallest litter can affect the environment and even our life below water, the teaching of my parents now makes sense. Now I am ready to make a change, I am ready to embrace the change. As a youth living in Cagayan de Oro, I am now ready to take action to inspire and be one of the reasons to make this change possible. This is me the living youth saying that it is not too late to embrace and embody cleanliness.

Comments